Monday, November 17, 2008

music

Let me start off by saying, I love Jeremy Camp. Those of you who don't know, he is a very good Christian singer!!! I have bought several of his CD's and I usually don't buy CD's. Every song he has just really hits home with me. The new song he has out is "There will be a day." I cry everything I hear it. I have tried several times to get it on a playlist so you could hear. But I guess the lyrics will tell it all..

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that tries to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

(Chorus)
There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more,
we'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel you’re walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

(Chorus)

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away the
sorrow that I’ve faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is
why I sing

The really analazed this song some time last week on my way home. I was really tired, I had worked over and knowing that I still had to go home, wash clothes, spend valuable time with my boys, and try to fit some time in there for Brandon and I absoluately lost it. Sometimes we get lost in all of our "downs" of this world, and "poor me" but to know that there will come a day when it's not going to matter. Does it do us any good to worry (I know I need to be talking to myself) about the things that we have no control over.

That everything that makes us upset and worried, the car we drive, the job we have, the house we live in AND does any of it matter. Does it make us who we are?? Does any of that take away from who we really are?? I sometimes feel that all this material stuff gets in the way of who we are. Why can't we be happy with what God has blessed us with and why can't we be happy for those who have more than us?

I know that we all go through trials and there is a lesson learned in each of them,, But to think ONE DAY there will be no more tears, or fears, or pain. And to know that, that is what we have to look forward to. Isn't that great.

Hope you all have a great week!!!

0 comments: